DEFINITION AND PURPOSE – WHAT COOKIES ARE
The web pages do not have a mnemonic function. By browsing from page to page of a website, you may not be recognised as the same user in each of the pages. A cookie is a small text file that stores some information about your browsing. Cookies allow you to be recognised by the website as a unique user. They are sent from the website to your terminal (computer, tablet, smartphone, notebook etc.), to be stored and then retransmitted at the next visit.
Cookies guarantee a more efficient operation of the website, improving its browsing, for example:
- by remembering the settings entered, so as not to change them every time you access a new page;
- by storing the entered information (such as username, language, browser type, etc.).
For more information about cookies and privacy please refer to the documentation on the website of the privacy Guarantor at the following link: http://www.garanteprivacy.it/.
Access to the site and its browsing express your consent to receive cookies.
DURATION AND TYPE OF COOKIE
Some cookies are automatically deleted at the end of the browsing session, while others are stored in the terminals, normally hosted in the browser used (for example: Google Chrome, Internet Explorer, Mozilla Firefox, etc.). Duration cookies are therefore of two types:
Temporary cookies (or session cookies) are removed from the computer when you close the browser. They are used to store temporary information, such as the items in your cart. Almost all the displayed website cookies are session cookies whose activity ends when you close your Internet browser.
Persistent cookies are cookies that are stored on the user’s computer or other device during a browsing session, but remain on the computer or other device after the browsing session has ended. Persistent cookies fulfil various functions in the interests of users (they are used to store information, such as name and password, so as to avoid that they should be rewritten every time you visit the same site). They can be stored in the device for a variable period of time, but still determined, according to the function they are performing.
These two types of cookies (session and persistent) can in turn be cd. “owners” and “third party”. When we talk about owner cookies, we intend cookies sent from the owners of the websites.
When we talk about third party cookies, we mean cookies transmitted by third parties, thus set by a website other than the one you are currently visiting. The latter fall under the direct and sole responsibility of the third operator.
You can delete all cookies from your browser at any time. However, the fact of permanently disabling all cookies may result in browsing difficulties or, sometimes, in the impossibility of enjoying certain features of the Site. For example, you might no longer: use e-commerce stores to make your purchases, enter in the Customer Area and manage the products you purchased, use web-based software, etc.
USING COOKIES IN THIS SITE
Our website uses the following types of cookies:
- Browsing cookies: We use browsing cookies so you can view our website easily, create your account, log in to access restricted areas and proceed with purchases. These cookies are essential for the proper functioning of our site.
- Functional cookies: We use functional cookies to remember your preferences and to help you use our website in the most effective way possible, for example by storing the products you previously displayed. Functional cookies are not essential to the operation of the website, but add services by improving the overall browsing experience.
- Analytical cookies: We use analytical cookies to better understand how our users use the website, to optimize and improve the Site and to ensure that it is always effective and efficient for users. The data that we obtain concern the web pages you visit, the type of platform used, date and time information and data such as the number of clicks on a given page, the words you looked up and text input while using the site.
DISABLING AND DELETING COOKIES (OPT-OUT)
The majority of Internet browsers are initially set to accept cookies automatically. This means that you can, at any time, set your browser to accept all cookies, only some, or to reject them, disabling their use from the sites. In addition, you can normally set the preferences of your browser so as to be notified whenever a cookie is stored in your computer.
Finally, at the end of each browsing session you can delete the collected cookies from the hard disk of your device. If you want to delete the cookies installed in the cookie folder of your browser, you must remember that each browser has different procedures for managing settings.
By selecting the links below you can get specific instructions for some of the major browsers. If you want
Microsoft Windows Explorer:
To know more about cookies in general visit the page www.allaboutcookies.org
Viale Ancona, 26